SOLO is a revolutionary new device manufacturing and end-to-end digital content company committed to offering emerging market consumers (starting in Nigeria) both affordable, elegant smartphones and the best local and international content. As well as offering users all the great features they have come to expect from an Android smartphone, each SOLO device offers users FREE unlimited access to over 20 million local and international songs straight out of the box, via the built-in SOLO Music platform.
The first two models to be launched by the company, the SOLO S350 and S450, are Google (GMS) certified dual-SIM Android smartphones.
The SOLO S350 is an Android Jelly Bean 4.1 smartphone with a 3.5” screen, dual SIM capabilities, 4GB of Internal memory and an 8GB SD card, which is expandable up to 32GB. The device comes bundled with SOLO Music, our proprietary music platform which offers FREE, unlimited streaming and downloading of over 20 million songs for the life of the device. The easy-to-use interface includes a SOLO Music widget on the home page that enables easy access to SOLO Music right out of the box.
The device is GMS certified and offers full access to the Google Play store, including Blackberry Messenger (BBM)
In addition, the SOLO S350 comes bundled with very generous free data services from our Nigerian mobile operator partners, completing the strong consumer experience. This elegantly designed device with superior features and a first-of-its-kind free music offering is expected to retail for less than N20,000.
The SOLO S450 is an Android Jelly Bean 4.2 smartphone with a 4.5” screen, dual SIM capabilities and 16GB of internal memory, coupled with an SD card which is expandable up to 32GB. The SOLO S450 also comes bundled with SOLO Music, our proprietary music platform which offers FREE, unlimited streaming and downloading of over 20 million songs for the life of the device.
This elegant smartphone will also be launched with another market first – SOLO View, this digital video-on-demand rental service allows users to stream,
download and store both Nigerian and international movies, TV shows and other general entertainment for up to two weeks on their mobile devices. SOLO View’s content will be delivered through dedicated, super-fast SOLO Hotspot Kiosks allowing full-length movies to be downloaded in less than 3 minutes. The easy-to-use interface will include both SOLO Music and SOLO View widgets on the home page that enables easy access to SOLO Music and SOLO View, right out of the box.
The SOLO S450 is a GMS certified device that offers full access to the Google Play store including Blackberry Messenger (BBM) services and will be bundled with one year of free data services from our Nigerian mobile operator partners. This premium device with exceptional design and features, combined with unlimited music service and one-year free data is expected to retail for less than N30,000.
“This is an exciting day for all of us in the SOLO Family,” says Tayo Ogundipe, Founder and Global CEO of SOLO. “It is especially thrilling that we are launching our global brand right here in Nigeria; it’s great to be home!” He continues, “Our mission is to combine our roots in emerging markets with our global industry experience in the mobile telecommunications space to deliver the most compelling and most complete experience on affordable smartphones across Africa and other emerging markets. This vision is our passion because this is our home.”
Why is SOLO Music Different?
• The Largest Catalogue of Music Available on Mobile in Nigeria – FREE access to over 20 million songs by Nigerian, African and international artists
• Unlimited FREE Access – Stream and Download unlimited amounts of music for the life of your SOLO smartphone
• Always “Up-to-Date” Music Library, Charts and Recommendations – The cloud-based SOLO music library is constantly updated with the latest local and international music
• SOLO Devices perfectly complement SOLO Music – Optimized sound output, quality headset with speakers and button control.
SOLO View: Nigeria’s FIRST Digital Movie Rental Service
A Revolutionary New Digital Rental Service:
• The Largest Movie/TV Show Content Library in Nigeria – 1000+ hours of the latest local and international movies, TV shows and other general entertainment
• Super-Fast Download Speed – Download full length movies in 2-3 minutes using our SOLO kiosks, conveniently located in local malls and other high-traffic areas
• No Wahala – Your downloaded movies/TV shows stay on your device for 2 weeks and then automatically expire
• You are in Control – Watch your downloaded movie/TV shows on your SOLO device, whist stuck in traffic, or connect your SOLO device to your TV/tablet at home and watch it on the big screen!
Head, Devices & Terminals at Etisalat Nigeria, Olayiwola Onafowokan said, “Etisalat is happy to partner with SOLO in fulfilling our objective of providing Nigeria with the best internet experience in the country. We believe it is important for network providers and phone manufacturers to continue to collaborate and initiate products and services to satisfy the increased demand for data and smartphones by subscribers.
The SOLO S350 will be available from Friday, November 22, from operators’ stores, online at http://www.jumia.com
.ng and at authorized distributors and retailers.
The SOLO S450 will be available from Friday, December 20, from operators’ stores, online at http://www.jumia.com
.ng and at authorized distributors and retailers.
*Optimized SOLO hardware, premium headsets, case and power adapter are included for both models.